At For The Creators, we believe that taking a sustainable approach to fashion is a crucial part of creating a better future for our children. That's why we're committed to helping pregnant women and new mothers look and feel their best without harming the planet, thanks to our circular fashion offering - facilitating sustainable maternity fashion that looks and feels great.
Maternity wear has a waste problem and we won't rest until we've fixed it. Did you know that approximately 10% of women throw their maternity and postpartum clothing away? This is resulting in vast quantities of clothing ending up in landfill and contributing towards the estimated £140million of clothing reaching UK landfill each year. That's why we're dedicated to making a difference.
Here are just a few of the ways we’re prioritising sustainability:
- Through our rental service you can rent your maternity wardrobe instead of buying new, as as your body changes. This helps to increase the lifespan of each garment and reduce the amount of clothing that ends up in landfill.
- Our resale platform means mums-to-be and new mums can buy and sell clothing and kit to our community, lengthening the lifespan of products which would otherwise go to waste.
- We use reusable packaging for our products through our partner re-pack. This helps to reduce the amount of waste we produce, with every reusable bag being used up to 20 times.
- We plant five trees for every order. This helps to offset our carbon emissions and the environmental impact of our business. Through our partner Ecologi, we invest in projects that help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- We use a B Corp certified logistics partner, ACS. This ensures that the cleaning process and postage methods aligns with B-Corp Credentials.
We’ve now planted just under 5000 trees and offset 55.19 tCO2e being emitted through 46 carbon avoidance schemes.
Here are some additional ways you can help to make your maternity wardrobe more sustainable:
- Buy second-hand maternity clothes and kit. This is one of the best ways to reduce your impact on the environment.
- Resell your hardly worn pregnancy or breastfeeding clothes instead of throwing them away. This can be a great way to earn money and help to reduce waste.
- Choose clothes made from sustainable materials, such as organic cotton or recycled polyester.
- Wash your clothes in cold water and hang them to dry. This will help to save energy and water.
We believe that everyone has the right to look and feel their best, and we’re committed to making sustainable fashion accessible to everyone. By choosing For The Creators, you can help to create a more sustainable future for our planet. We’re will continue to work hard to find new ways in which we can reduce our environmental impact and change the face of maternity fashion for good.
We believe that sustainability is essential to the future of fashion, and we’re proud to be doing our part to make a difference. Together, we can create a more sustainable future for our children.
Visit our website to learn more about our sustainable maternity fashion platform and how you can help to create a more sustainable future for our planet.